Message Notes For 11/29/2020:
Our reading and questions this week will focus on mission. Please read Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 24:46-49; Acts 1:8; 8:26-40 and Acts chapter 9 through 13:3.
- In a careful reading of the Great Commission in Matthew 28:18-20, how do we know this command of Jesus was meant for more than just the Apostles?
- In Acts 1:8 Jesus lays out their plan for mission outreach. Look at a Bible map as you consider the book of Acts. Did they follow the plan? Who directed them in this plan?
- In Acts 8 through 13 we see a jump from Jerusalem to Judea, primarily ministering to other Jews, then to Samaria the hated half Jews, then to the gentiles/non-Jews. Did the believers do this on their own? What does this tell us about any outreach we might attempt?
- What is the difference in going across the street for Jesus and going across the ocean for Jesus?
- How do we participate in going into all the world today?